Cold Wednesday Roll Call

jastypes
on 4/5/11 10:56 pm - Croydon, PA
I hear you about the cold snap!  I got up in the middle of the night to put on sweat pants and socks!  But, then, I can remember the time when I was always hot, no matter the weather.

Sorry you had a less than great OA experience last night.  Mine was completely different.  I had a wonderful time at my OA meeting last night.  I shared about my struggling to stay balanced.  I am eating on my food plan, but then keep second guessing the plan and think I should eat less all the time -- like what I'm doing is never enough or quite right.  But the best part of my meeting was my daughter's share.  She says going to OA is the best thing that has ever happened to her.  She feels at home there.  The message was on the 4th step, and that is exactly where she is.  She said it was wonderful to hear that others experienced deep sadness and tears while writing it all out. 

The best part of this is that I truly was going to OA for ME.  I really felt God's leading (and some prompting from AA friends) to attend OA.  I just asked Amy if she would be interested in joining me.  I did not want her to feel any pressure.  So to think that God used me and my cir****tances to help my daughter, is such a gift.  And what a privilege to have been able to help her get started working the steps so that she can be on her way to freedom from bondage.

I also have to admit that I am struggling today to stay abstinent in the midst of emotional turmoil.  I am struggling today to not react to things I really have no control over.  I am challenged to use Acceptance and my Higher Power to allow things to happen without me.

My son, Greg, has school reports due.  He's frustrated.  He has anger issues and this morning was clearly starting to "lose it."  I had to leave the house to catch my bus.  And that's when the worrying started -- will he hurt something or someone in his anger?  A window, a wall, his sister, the computer, my car, himself?  Worry and fear take hold so quickly!!! 

I have NO control over his anger, especially when I am not even present to try to diffuse it.  On the train, I prayed, turned everything over to God, took it back, turned it over, took it back, turned it over............

The "what ifs" are so distracting!  And USELESS!!!  I know better than to worry about things I cannot change, but I still find it so difficult.  I actually texted 2 AA friends!  (Probably not a big deal to most people, but I NEVER use my phone.)  And when I stepped off the train, I wanted to stop at the bagel store and eat away these feelings.  Praise God, I did not. 

And now my daughter just texted me to tell me Greg just left for school, and he was laughing 'cause he'll have to buy pizza for the class for being late.  I had projected his anger landing him in jail.  Jeez, I know how to catastrophize, don't I? 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

bvohl
on 4/5/11 11:04 pm

Good morning Nicole and PA!

Nicole- I feel your pain! I seem to always attract the needy, strange ones too! It is like I have a sign on my forehead saying "All needy, clingy people come to me!" Hope that doesn't distract you too much from what you are there for!!

Today is going to be a busy day. Wor****il 3:30, then go home, get on the treadmill and watch my soap, pick up Dee early because she has her BFF Abby's birthday party, then home and bed! Yesterday was BUSY!!! I stopped off to see Lisa Schnibbe and Hailey right after work to pick up Dee's new lunch tote. Talked with Schnibbe for a bit then left. Went to Walmart, came home, picked up the girls, made dinner, had to wrap gifts for said party tonight. Then gave Dee a shower and put her to bed. At 8:30 I started baking a chocolate cake for one of my coworkers who happens to be a good friend for her birthday. Finally sat down, watched my soap then went to bed! WHEW!!!!!!!

Have a great day!!

Love to all, Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/11 11:48 pm
Good Morning All,

It is back to reality as my extended Birthday mini vaction has ended and I am back to work so is Dennis. We both took off on Monday and Tuesday. Last night Den took me to see Stevie Nicks and Rod Stewart along with one of our favorite supportive couples. We had so much fun even if Den did park in Timbuck 3! 

My weekend was totally amazing surrounded Friday by amazing friends and some family at a local tavern with great music. Saturday was a surprise birthday party for a great friend then Sunday we hit the Stone Pony in Asbury Park. Monday we spent alone and quiet curled up on the sofa.

Today has me at work need to run a few errands at lunch time then need to make a list of some things for the weekend, Seems the birthday month goes on with an old fashion sleep over for my birthday buddy and myself.  Plus I need to get to the market we need a few major things like toilet paper. TMI???

Tonight will be spent with a few good friends for some support. .....
Cherish F.
on 4/6/11 12:17 am - Philadelphia, PA
Morning happy people -

Nicole - sorry you got stuck with a stage 3 clinger. I hope you don't let her deter you from going back.
Steffi - I'm keeping your family in my thoughts today. Hugs to Molly.

Today is work (boo!) followed by a stop at Walmart to exchange some pj's and then my tattoo consult. Crazy nervous about it. I have a definite idea of what I want - just not sure where and how I want it expressed. I'm going to have her draw up 2 options. And of course everyone I talk to has an opinion which makes me doubt myself. Ugh.

I hope you all have a great day trying to stay warm!
~ Cherish
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Nicole0216
on 4/6/11 1:25 am - Lancaster, PA
Is this your first tattoo?? I have not gotten one yet but wanna and am nervous

looking forward to actually talking to you on Friday LOL 
Cherish F.
on 4/6/11 1:57 am - Philadelphia, PA

I have one other one that I got when I was 20.

It’s a butterfly that, while I don’t hate, I regret it. I hadn’t put any thought at all into it. Just walked in and picked it out. And, once you get to know me better – you’ll realize, I am not a butterfly kinda girl.

Totally not scared of the pain – I just want to make sure that it is exactly what I want. I’ll be stuck with it forever.

See you Friday!

Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views